Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So racism doesn’t exist anymore…

So recently I’ve been going to a lot of these Uni open days. Most hours I’ve wasted in my life…probably ever. But anywhoo, I’m on the train, and a packed one at that, and there’s 2 white ladies sitting near one of the doors. Both with crossed-legs protruding into the walk-space. A black man from one end gets up and heads towards the door. Faced with the blocked route, he calmly looks to the lady on his left. Out of the choice of rudely barging through or politely asking to be let past, he says to the woman, “Excuse me”. Now this old-f*ck-faced-busted-white-woman looks up at him, does what I can only assume was an attempt at kissing her teeth, screws him up and down, and half-heartedly makes an attempt to move her legs. Man I was shocked, and no one else seemed to notice. I could see from this mans face he noticed, but he just walked through and out the door. This woman makes me sick to my stomach. It f*cking boils my blood that she has the audacity* to give attitude just because someone asked to have some space. Now maybe she’d had a long day. Maybe it wasn’t racist, and she was just tired. Maybe it was just me, and she never did any of this stuff. But I was watching a race-related programme, and there was one black gentleman who repeatedly tried to get the point across to people that racism still existed, just on a more subtle level. I didn’t agree with him, but now I think it definitely does. I shoulda’ said something but I didn’t. I feel sorry that man had to even be in the presence of such a b*tch. There aren’t enough curse words I can use to describe this kn*b jockey. I’m almost considering writing this blog unedited, but I know the kids are watching. I felt so damn frustrated, that after I went through the gate bit, I nodded to a black-male-security-guard. Almost as if to say “I understand your people. I may not be one of you, but with my help, we can change the world brother”. He nodded back. Maybe as if to say “What the f*ck is this kid nodding at me for. Another ticket dodger…”. But I’ve got my ticket ladies and gentlemen. I’ve got my ticket…

*(Audacity - Fearless daring; intrepidity. // Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention)

Don’t b*llshit me; you didn’t know what it meant…

No comments: