Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I just have to say it.

Around here and there (mostly on teenage girls sites…Why do I spend so much time there?…) I keep coming across some racism poem/statement/some sh*t. Here’s how it goes.

Stop Racism. Right off the bat this looks too be good. What could be coming up? *Gets excited*

“A black man walks into a cafe one early morning and noticed that he was the only black man there. As he sat down, he noticed a white man behind him.

The white man said, “Coloured people are not allowed here.”

The black man turned around and stood up. He then said:

When I was born I was black,

When I grew up I was black,

When I’m sick I’m black,

When I go in the sun I’m black,

When I’m cold I’m black,

When I die I’ll be black,

But you sir…

Now, some people edit the “whatever this thing can be called” to be colour coordinated. You’ll see how colours come into it, but as I have more than 2 GCSE’s, I’m just gonna’ write it out…

So the black man goes on…

When you’re born your pink, (This would be pink etc)

When you’re sick your green,

When you go into the sun you turn red,

When you’re cold you’re blue,

And when you die you turn purple,

And you have the nerve to call me coloured!

The black man then sat down and the white man walked away.”

How am I supposed to react to that? If I was a racist, you think I’m gonna’ read that and go “Wow…the poem/statement/some sh*t written by this 15 year old girl has really hit home…maybe I should stop being racist, seeing as how I’m more colourful than a black man…”

Then at the end the girl writes:

Copy this onto your space and help erase racism!

First off, “Erase Racism”? Oh, so you making up your own phrases now? And also, I’m to put this on my space, so the 10 people that read my sh*t can read it and go “oh wow, I better stop being racist”. Big f*cking deal. This little waste-of-space-cr*p really achieves nothing. Do something more efficient with your time.

Then again, with all the time I wasted writing this cr*p, I could have Stopped Racism.

Oh I’m sorry Erased it. ¬_¬

No comments: