Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ooooh is that a FACT!?!

Crazy facts. Why do I bother? Because I see them, then can't think of anything else. This mind is a curse :(

Ostriches are not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions. I have no problem with the concept of this fact. If true it’s very interesting. But the wording??. “Not taken seriously”?!?! Like there’s an ostrich somewhere going “Hey, OI! You know I can run faster than a horse?…STOP LAUGHING AT ME!”…

You can tell the sex of a horse by its teeth. Most males have 40, females have 36. HOOOOOOOOOOLD UP. What the f*ck is the point.

Mike: Dave what are you doing?

Dave: Checking to see if this horse is a male

M: Why are you sticking your head into its mouth!?

D: Count the teeth innit…

M: What the...why don’t you just look at the huge penis in-between its legs…

D: No. I wana count its teeth *sulks*

Giraffes can’t cough. Well f*ck me…

Birds cannot go into outer space, because they use gravity to assist them in swallowing, so they’d quickly choke and die in a non-gravity environment. Again with the wording…I’m sure if a bird somehow ended up in OUTER SPACE, swallowing food is not its first concern…

The giant Pacific octopus can squeeze its entire body through a whole the size of its beak. Octopi have beaks…

78% of cats never travel with their owner. That’s not really an ‘Interesting Animal Fact’ Is it? I feel slightly disappointed and shot changed, and so should you…

There are 1,600 known species of starfishes in the world. Name me one?…you can’t can you…

The crocodile is surprisingly fast on land. If pursued by a crocodile, a person should run in a zigzag motion, for the crocodile has litte or no ability to make sudden changes of direction. Really??…Interesting AND informative. I have my own suggestion however, and that is to avoid P*SSING a crocodile off in the first place…

Flamingos feel safest when they are crowded together, hundreds in a group. Really? I don’t see how this could be proven without actually speaking to them…

Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode. Aight. I’ll give you that one. Definitely an interesting fact.

Rather impressed with my use of colour in this blog. Honk if you agree…

No comments: