Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bus Blog

Unfortunately, I am yet to obtain my own automobile, or even my licence in which to commandeer a vehicle. As a result I get to experience the wonders that is Public Transport. Another dive into my mind…*Cloud appears*

Fuck I’m tired. At the bus stop. The wind blows past almost cutting me. Every bus but mine comes and goes. It’s not even as if each buss is different, about 5 OF THE SAME FUCKING BUSS COMES AND GOES. Ridiculous. I was late to leave as well. I’ll be late for Business, but that lesson is so rubbish, I don’t even care. My bus doesn’t seem to be coming, so I’ll get the next bus and walk the rest of the way. The next bus comes and I change my mind, I’ll wait for my bus. Then I change my mind again. This buss will have to do. I look up at the top deck from the outside and notice it’s packed. I change my mind once again. I look behind this bus, and my one is on its way. Stalling was such a genius idea. I say to myself I’m lucky, and get on my bus. I beep my card. It turns green. It’ll never feel the same since that time it didn’t work. I think I’m scarred for life. I have to push my way through the bottom deck of the bus. It’s like a mini- assault course only less fun, and more shit. Stepping over babies, dodging old people, stepping on peoples feet, trying to find the owner, then apologising. The top deck is full, so I keep walking. Everyone is staring at me. It’s like I’m walking to my own execution. I start to panic. There’s no empty chairs! I’m gonna have to sit….at the back!! Normally I don’t mind this, but only if the bus is empty. Sitting at the back on a packed buss sucks. So I sit at the back, and some girl gets on and sits directly opposite. This isn’t normal. Who designed these chairs? How can I avoid looking at her?? I try my best not to get eye contact. It’s not exactly easy. I look out the window. I swear she’s looking right at me…no. She can’t be. She is man. She’s looking right at my face! How do you know that? You can’t see her eyes. I’ll look up. Just to check. Not directly at her, I’ll do it smoothly. No, don’t look up you fool. Yeah, just get a quick glance. Don’t do it. I do it. She isn’t looking at me. Then she turns up and looks at me. Fuck. Now she’s gonna think I was looking at her. I told you not to fucking look at her. You never listen to me. Is she still looking at me? I bet she is. Damn. Should I look up? No. Don’t be stupid. I don’t look up. I spend the rest of the journey looking out the window biting my lip. It’s my stop. Time to get off. This is a bad bit. When do I get up? Do I get up first? Do I let her get up first? I’m gonna have to tear my eyes away from the window and look straight. Fuck sake. She gets up and goes. Yes. I follow her. There’s a queue to go down the stairs, so I’ve got to stand behind her. This is terrible. I finally go downstairs and out. It’s raining. Wonderful.

On the bright side, I did make it to business on time…

No comments: